Alpena Power is dedicated to bringing every resident in our service area reliable and safe power. We know our customers may face situations that make it difficult to pay for the power they consume. The programs below can assist in a wide variety of circumstances.
- 211 Get Connected. Get Help – https://www.211nemichigan.org
- Income Assistance Service Provision
Residential customers where total household income does not exceed 150% of the Federal Poverty level are eligible for an income assistance credit of $5.00 per month. To qualify customers can provide proof they have received, or are currently participating in, one of the following in the past 12 months:
- A home heating credit energy draft
- State emergency relief
- Assistance from a Michigan Energy Assistance Program (MEAP)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
If a customer does not meet any of the above requirements, compete a low-income verification form and return it to the Company.